RASPBERRY CUSTARD TART
- Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- Other Options:
- Shortbread Dough
- Vanilla Cookie Dough
- 2 C fresh raspberries, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough 1/8 inch thick and fit in a 9 in. pie or tart pan. Freeze 15 minutes, or until firm
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line the dough with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake the tart shell for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and weights and bake for 5 minutes longer, or until the pastry is lightly browned on the bottom. Cover the shell loosely with foil if the sides begin to brown too quickly. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Arrange the raspberries in concentric circles over the bottom of the tart shell. In a small bowl, whisk the cream with the egg yolks, sugar and scraped vanilla seeds. Pour the custard into the tart shell. Bake in the middle of the oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the custard is set. Let the tart cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Serve with fresh raspberries and the raspberry-caramel sauce.
- Couture in a Cupcake