MCC is now partnered with the largest culinary network on YouTube! What an awesome team. Be sure to check out Tastemade's channel for amazing culinary vids.
What a better way to say happy birthday than surprising that special someone with a couture cake! With over 25 flavors, I'm sure we can oblige.
Facebook search: Marisha's Couture Cakes
CINDERELLA DRESS CUPCAKE
2. Roll out the darker shade of blue fondant and cut out a heart shape with a cookie cutter. Set the heart aside to harden, preferably on a rolling pin to create a curve.
3. Roll out a small piece of light blue fondant to cut out the sleeves. Set these aside to harden as well.
3. Again, roll out the darker shade of blue and cut into triangular shapes. These will be placed on the cupcake thin side up and thick side down. Place the first piece on the cupcake as shown below. For the second piece, roll the sides slightly inward and place on the cupcake making sure to overlap the first piece. Continue this method until the cupcake is covered.
5. Optional: Dip a dry paint brush into silver shimmer luster dust and brush onto the heart to give the dress a magical sheen.
6. Thinly roll out the light blue fondant and cut two long, thin rectangles. Gently crease the rectangles long ways to and drape on the sides of the dress, meeting both ends in the center. Use water to glue them down.
7. Once the heart has hardened, carefully secure it into the slit made on top of the cupcake.
8. Lastly, roll out a small piece of light blue fondant, and roll from one end to the other to create a rose. Place this in the center to hide the seam. Then, with a dab of water, attach the sleeves to the dress.
With the touch of a magic wand you've got a beautiful Cinderella Cupcake Dress.
I hope you guys try this out. Click below to watch the tutorial.
Mom's Ultimate Spring Party Plan
Dessert: My mom has always dreamed of having a 5 layer 3 tiered cake....sounds a lot like a wedding cake. But hey, she loves cake. So, we decided on a Spring inspired 2 tier cake. One with chocolate cake and vanilla frosting and the other, yellow cake with lemon, raspberry, blueberry filling and vanilla frosting.
DecorFresh Spring Flowers, Pastel Colors, Pastel Color Pom Pom decorations. Just enough color and vibrancy to bring the room to life. I found some great ideas on Pinterest.
Two things my mom, sister and I have always loved to do- sing and play games. Music has always been a big part of my family, so it's only natural that I bust out the new karaoke machine. I'll have it set up in the den with a couple of mics plugged in. I'll also set out a few board games. I have each and every single Monopoly game ever made but, the family fav is definitely Scrabble.
#1 Has got to be the homemade coupon book.
#2 Dinner for Two
#3 Breakfast in Bed
#4 A Groupon Coupon
#6 Arts & Crafts
#7 Indoor Picnic
|Pound Cake Birthday Cake|
|Chocolate Eagles Cake|
|Gluten Free Vanilla Cake w/ Coconut Chocolate Ganache|
|Yule Log Cake|
|Polo Shirt Cake|
|Mini Mouse theme Cake|
Who doesn't love ending the perfect meal with a delicious slice of cake. But, in my family there can sometimes be a bump in the road when it comes to traditional desserts and gluten free is a must.
The best thing about eating healthier is that little alterations can make a big difference. Most of us tend to think that in order to cut calories you have to cut out flavor and luckily this isn't always true. Being that it's a new year, most of us are on a search for a healthier lifestyle. I was inspired by Aloha's natural healthy recipes and wonderful approach at clean eating by using wholesome, rustic ingredients to prepare something spectacular to enjoy with friends and family.
Some would argue that the best cake is a classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting. So, with that in mind I decided to make a cake that is just as beautiful on the inside, as it is on the outside. A gluten-free vanilla cake covered in chocolate ganache. Now chocolate ganache can be fattening when prepared with heavy cream so instead, we're using coconut milk! One can of coconut milk is only 9 grams of fat and we're using 3/4 of that. So not only is this cake gluten free but it's also low in fat and cholesterol. To take it a step further try making it dairy free and sugar free. This gf cake mocks the texture of a sponge cake and has a delicate flavor. My mom actually fell in love with this cake and had to ask me twice if it was gluten free, so it's definitely mother approved. Click below to view the video.
Gluten Free (GF) Vanilla Cake w/ Chocolate Ganache
If you're interested in Aloha's products or a free trial click here.