5. Chocolate Torte
- Bake your favorite chocolate (or vanilla) cake recipe in a square cake pan.
- Using a cake leveler or long carving knife, slice your cake into 4 layers. Then slice in half to create 8 total layers.
- Carefully stack and fill each layer with fruit preserves, ganache or frosting. Safely transfer and stack cake layers using a cookie sheet, cake board or cake spatula.
- Make a chocolate ganache by combining equal parts of warm cream with chocolate. Stir until smooth and room temperature.
- Sit cake on a rack and carefully pour ganache over cake. Add design using toothpicks or cake decorating comb. Chill and enjoy!
4. Apple Pie
- Peel, Core and slice a variety of 4 large apples and toss with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix 1/8 C flour, 1/2 C white sugar, 1/4 C brown sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture to apples and coat evenly. Place into a prepared pie crust.
- Cut 2 tbsp butter into small pats and place on top of apples. Finish with a top crust & crimp edges.
- Beat an egg and a tbsp of milk to brush over the pie. Cut a slit in the center. Bake for 15 min. at 423 then reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 40 minutes. Allow pie to fully cool.
2. Spritz Cookies
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Beat 1 C butter, 1/2 C sugar, and 1/4 tsp almond or lemon extract in a large bowl (food color can also be added).
- Stir in flour, salt and egg until dough forms.
- Place dough in a cookie press or in a piping bag with a large tip. Jams can be placed in the center.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until set. Top with sprinkles, sugars, ganache.