|Yes, you knew I had to. Cupcakes are great for every occasion, especially when you order them from yours truly ;) But, if you'd like to make them at home as a way to show your love then you know I've got some tips for ya!|
- Top the cupcakes with heart candies or even a drizzle of pink candy melt.
- Add some crushed strawberries to your frosting to naturally give it a beautifully speckled pink tone.
- Tie a cute ribbon around the cupcake for an elegant look.
- Watch Marisha's DIY Heart Cake Topper vid.
2. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Soak your strawberries for at least ten minutes to get rid of pesticides. Pat dry.
- Let your strawberries air dry. When the berries are wet the chocolate slides right off and doesn't set up properly.
- Finish with drizzles of chocolate, chopped nuts, coconut flakes or leave plain.
3. Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- If using store bought frosting, take a little time to whip it up using a mixer. This will make a fluffy frosting and a tastier sandwich.
- Make a heart shape by using a circle tip and piping out two tear drop shapes.
4. Chocolate Nut Clusters
- Try making chocolate cashew clusters by adding chopped cashews to a bowl of tempered chocolate. Spoon the chocolate out onto parchment and allow to harden.
5. Cake Truffles
- Don't use too much frosting, this will affect the stability of your cake truffle.
- Make sure to freeze for at least a half hour.
- To easily dip, use a fork. Roll the truffle in plenty of melted chocolate, pick up with your fork allow to dry for a few seconds and roll in your favorite toppings (crushed pretzels, coconut, chopped nuts).
- These are pink on the inside. To watch the DIY click here.